that goes Beyond Topical Cleaning.
PURE-Decon is a combination of services that can be utilized to disinfect interior spaces, air conveyance ductwork and HVAC equipment. It employs a variety of methods, equipment and EPA registered Disinfectants for Emerging Pathogens, or DEP. The specific methods and DEP used is engineered to the situation, building type/use and HVAC system. PURE-Decon services go far beyond traditional disinfection by permeating areas in the ambient space and HVAC system never touched by topical cleaning.
Electrostatic DEP sprayers and misters comprise the foundation of a PURE-Decon service. There are hand held devices, total room misters, and portable misters. Each is used under specific circumstances to maximize the decontamination procedure.
Electrostatic spray/mist is highly effective. The is because an electric charge is introduced to the disinfectant which atomizes it and attracts to surfaces. This allows the DEP particles to literally wrap around surfaces and uniformly coat them. Especially areas where traditional spray and wipe cannot reach, like between buttons on a phone or keyboard.
Best of all, by using EPA registered DEPs there are no harmful residues left behind after the required settling time is met.
Benefits of PURE-Decon Building Disinfection
- EPA Registered Disinfectants for Emerging Pathogens
- Kills 99.9% of Bacteria, Mold, Viruses and other microbes
- Disinfects Anywhere the Mist Permeates
- Dry Mist with no rinse, wipe or reside
- DEP safely decomposes after use
How PURE-Decon Works (1 example)
Please click the Numbers 1 to 4 for more Information.
This example explains how one of our main DEPs with Hydrogen Peroxide and Silver works to kill microbes. However, the disinfectant (DEP) used is determined by multiple factors including situation, equipment needed and level of the project. This information will be detailed in the project specification prior to the commencement of work.
PURE-Decon is designed for:
• Assisted Living Facilities
• Cruise ships/Naval Vessels
• Daycare Facilities
• Gyms & Fitness Centers
• Healthcare Practices/Hospitals
• Office Buildings/Workplace
• School Buses & Other Vehicles
• Veterinarian Facilities
PURE-Decon can be utilized for:
1. Proactive Treatment Services before outbreaks or concerns arise.
2. Multi-Level Engineered Incident Response should an outbreak occur.
PURE-Decon effectively eradicates:
• Avian Flu (H5N1)
• Bacteria & Fungi (Molds)
• E. Coli
• Methicillin Resistant Staph (MRSA)
• Rhinovirus (Common Cold)
• Swine Flu (H1N1)
• And other germs
NOTE: Since SARS CoV-2 is a novel (new) virus, DEPs efficacy testing and results are currently ongoing. However, it is still an enveloped Coronavirus and is expected to be as susceptible to disinfection as other strains.
Is Topical Cleaning Good Enough?
Conventional topical cleaning methods are only effective where applied. According the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) the statistics:
• 22 million sick days and 7.9 million doctor visits per year
• 98,000 patients die every year after contracting a Hospital Acquired Infection (HAI)
• 40,000 people die from MRSA infection every year
• 11,000 people died form the H1N1 Swine Flu pandemic in the US alone (2009)
PURE-Decon is the atomized hydrogen peroxide/silver dry misting process that easily disinfects an entire room. The misting solution is EPA registered and 99.99% effective against all types of bacteria, fungi, and viruses and fungi. It works by fogging an unoccupied room for a specific period of time depending on the cubic feet of the area. After a short period of dissipation the disinfected area can then be returned to normal operations.
When utilized in a campus housing scenario the PURE-Decon decontamination process reduced the ambient mold spore count by 92.6%, a remarkable improvement considering the facility housekeeping had already topically cleaned the room. The mold spore count started at 2250 ct/cm3 and was reduced to 170 ct/m3 after 30 minute application.