Does your staff feel safe while working in your building? You may think so, but don’t be surprised if they don’t. That’s what Honeywell Corp discovered in their commissioned study on the perceptions workers have when it comes to health and safety in the workplace. If that’s surprising you should know that air purification restores worker confidence.
Two thousand workers took Honeywell’s comprehensive workplace survey conducted by Wakefield Research. The participants mostly worked in buildings with 500 or more employees. The study was done in the US, UK, Germany, and the Middle East. The majority—nearly 70 percent—reported that they did not feel completely safe in the buildings where they worked. The number was even higher for remote workers responding to the safety of their employer’s building. In fact, almost a quarter of the remote workers said they would rather quit than return to these buildings after the pandemic.
It’s no surprise that over half of the study participants voiced concerns about the transmission of the coronavirus in the workplace. Over half also don’t believe that building managers do enough to keep them safe. This is a big problem, but it’s one with an affordable and effective solution. Facilities managers should take note.
How Air Purification Restores Worker Confidence
An essential tool to restoring worker confidence is air purifiers. These devices clean the air around the clock at the office or school. HOwever, it’s important to get the most effective device.
5 Things to Look for in an Air Purification Device
Here are five things to look for when choosing an in-room air purification device:
- Multi-stage Filtration — HEPA filters are an excellent way to remove even the tiniest particles from the air, however, a carbon filter also removes odors and VOCs. Filters featuring an anti-microbial coating produce even better results in multi-stage filtration.
- Combined Approach — A combination of bipolar ionization technology as well as UV-G lights, remains the most effective way to neutralize pathogens as air purification restores worker confidence.
- Multiple Fan Speeds — Air purifiers with smart technology use sensors to detect what airflow is best for a room at a given time. Multiple fan speeds allow the device to ramp up with the detection of high particle levels.
- Quiet Operation — Loud fans often distract people as they work. This is true in the workplace and for remote workers at home. A device that operates quietly makes it easier to concentrate which increases productivity.
- Smart Operation — Smart technology is another way that air purification restores worker confidence. Devices equipped with sensors monitor particles, odors, and even send alerts as filters need changing. Available apps allow for remote control and monitoring too.
PURE + AeraMax
PURE+AeraMax Professional air purifiers use a 4-stage filtration system including a carbon filter that absorbs odors and VOCs. The anti-viral coating on its HEPA filter traps 99.97% of remaining airborne pollutants. It uses PlasmaTrue which releases ions into the room. In effect, these ions steal the hydrogen molecule from the SARS-CoV-2 virus thereby killing it. It also destroys bacteria, mold, and fungi. The ions form a cluster around particles making them easier to catch in the filters. Enviro-Smart senses occupancy and increases fan operation as needed.
Air purification is what your building needs to restore worker confidence. Air cleaning devices are used in spas, gyms, and medical and dental offices. Many schools use them in classrooms to keep their students safe.
Restore Worker Confidence with Air Purification Today
As a business owner, building manager, or as a homeowner, you want the best air purification for your workers and family especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. To find out more about how PURE+AeraMax Professional air purification restores worker confidence and keeps students, faculty and staff safe at school, contact Pure Air Control Services today.