IAQ Learning Institute
IAQ Learning Institute, the professional training division of Pure Air Control Services, Inc. offers a variety of customized indoor environmental training programs to meet your needs. Our training classes meets ACAC, CESB and OSHA compliance. Classes and seminars range from webinars to private management-teaching sessions to large scale institutional lectures. Continuing Education Credits (CEU’s) are available for many of the classes and courses.
Many of our staff are certified by the American Council of Accredited Certification (ACAC)under the operation of Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) specializing in teaching the fundamentals of indoor air quality testing and remediation. ACAC follows the requirements of ASTM Standard E 1929, Assessment of Certification Programs for Environmental Professions: Accreditation Criteria, the Council of Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) has established a national reputation for accrediting certification programs in engineering and science-related fields. ACAC offers the only CESB-accredited programs dedicated to the field of indoor air quality.
Most IAQ Learning Institute classes/courses are accredited through the Foundation for Accredited Learning (FAL). As part of its overarching mission to promote awareness, education and certification for professionals, the Foundation for Accredited Learning issues third-party accreditation guidelines for the development and administration of professional learning programs and serves as an independent accreditation body for providers of such learning programs.
The Foundation for Accredited Learning (FAL) formally accredits learning programs such as the IAQ Learning Institute through the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). FAL accreditation is third-party verification that a training course is developed and administered to the highest standards.
Course subjects include: Aerobiology Workshops, Managing of IAQ: Problems and Solutions, Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ) assessments, LEED IAQ Testing 3.2, Legionella Detection & Identification, IEQ investigations: testing and remediation, HVAC Hygiene, Indoor Environmental Training, Indoor Air Quality and more. We fully cover what your facility needs to know to help create a healthy work or learning environment.
Our expert IEQ staff have over 100 years of combined experience with backgrounds and certifications in:
- Industrial Hygiene
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Building Sciences
- Environmental Chemistry
- Professional Engineering
- Public Health
- LEED AP
- Occupational Medicine
- Certified Indoor Environmental Consultants (CIEC)
- Certified Indoor Air Quality Professional (CIAQP)
- State Certified Remediation
- Indoor Environmental Traning
Indoor Environmental Training Programs
IEQ 101: Health, Energy and Comfort…the Total Environment:
- This course defines the IEQ terminology and discusses regulations (or the lack of) IEQ causes as related to building construction and facility maintenance are presented including: building envelope, vapor barrier and moisture intrusion. Particulate and Microbial components of IEQ are also presented and explained. Attendees will have a better understanding of Indoor Air Quality as it relates to facilities and maintenance.
IEQ 201: Diagnostic Testing:
- In this course, diagnostic sampling methodologies are presented. Why certain samples are taken, how long does it take to get results and why. All too often, a consultant overburdens the client with un-needed samples. Most of the time the samples are not even applicable to the IEQ concern. An important part of this seminar teaches you to interpret the laboratory results, ‘What does all this mean’. You will learn to tell the difference between a lab that just gives numbers and another that gives the detail level needed to make an informed decision, as your indoor environmental training continues.
Interdisciplinary Approach to Indoor Air Quality:
- This course will walk you through three important topics: 1) Recognition: How do I know if I have an Indoor Air Quality Problem, 2) Resolution: What is a good plan to resolve the problem and 3) Legal Truths and Consequences: Basics of IEQ 101 are re-introduced but with an emphasis on the causes of indoor air contaminants and how to recognize them. A good plan for selection of the IEQ Team or Firm is presented. Part three presents actual case studies of what can happen when the wrong choices are made.
How to Run a Successful Indoor Air Quality Project: A Team Effort:
- The interdisciplinary approach to solving Indoor air quality problems is presented. This is an in depth primer on the key elements of defining the problem, selecting the IEQ Team, managing the project, sampling and analysis, and final standard of care.
Additional Indoor Environmental Quality Training (IEQ & IAQ) Seminars:
- Managing Facilities for Good indoor Air Quality
- Indoor Air Quality for HVAC Operators
- Investigating and Mitigating Microbial Contamination in Buildings
- Toxic Mold Seminar
For a complete list of our current Seminars, Webinars and other Indoor Environmental Training courses, please click here or call 1-800-422-7873