Indoor Air Quality and Indoor Environmental Educational Links
Allergy & Asthma Network Mothers of Asthmatics (AANMA) is a nonprofit family health organization dedicated to eliminating suffering and death due to asthma, allergies and related conditions.
This site contains information on allergies and asthma.
This site contains educational information about allergies and asthma for patients, consumers and professionals
The American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology (ACAAI) is a professional association of allergists and the leading authority on allergic conditions such as allergies and asthma.
The site has information on IEQ issues related to respiratory problems
This site contains information on room air cleaners based on testing and the Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)
This site presents educational information about asthma and allergies.
California Department of Public Health
This site is a science-based source for the facts about carpet and rugs.
CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health NIOSH-EPA Building Air Quality Action Plan – Table of Contents
- National Center for Environmental Health
- Questions and Answers on Stachybotrys chartarum and other molds
- CDC – MMWR Weekly 03/10/2000 / 49(09);180-4
- Update: Pulmonary Hemorrhage/Hemosiderosis Among Infants — Cleveland, Ohio, 1993-1996
- CDC – National Center for Infectious Disease, Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases: Disease Listings
This site has brief descriptions of many indoor air quality problems with commonly suggested solution.
EPA – Environmental Protection Agency
- Indoor Air Quality (IEQ) Tools for Schools Program
- IEQ Tools for Schools – Managing Asthma in a School Environment – Additional Resources
- EPA’s Indoor Air Quality (IEQ) Home Page
- Asthma Triggers
- Asthma Triggers – Mold
This is a site advertising Lifesaver CO alarms. Many other online companies advertise Carbon Monoxide CO alarms and detectors.
Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
Asbestos.com brought to you by Mesothelioma Center
Mesothelioma Guide Mesothelioma is a rare cancer, only affecting 2,000 – 3,000 patients a year. Although this number may be small relative to other cancerous diseases, it is almost always 100% fatal. Any individual or family that is diagnosed with or knows someone with cancer deserves to have the best information and support available. Our goal at Mesothelioma Guide is to increase mesothelioma awareness.
Mesothelioma facts and cases
The Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance is dedicated to serving mesothelioma victims and their families.
Health Effects of Exposure to Radon: BEIR VI (1999)
Clearing the Air: Asthma and Indoor Air Exposures (online book)
Lead Hotline – The National Lead Information Center
Mold Information and Fact Sheets
Publication – “Rid Your Home of Mildew” in pdf format.
This site contains information on Pure Air Control Services, a national IEQ consulting, diagnostics and remediation firm offering total IEQ solutions.
This site contains information about Sesame Street and the Sesame Street-A is for Asthma video.
This site contains links to various Indoor Air Quality publications, reports and handbooks.