AIHA Indoor Environmental Quality Committee V4 Comments on LEED
AIHA Releases their comments on the IEQ V4 testing
Falls Church, VA — AIHA IEQ Committees mission is to: “provide a forum for exchanging ideas and information about indoor environmental quality and to participate in the development and analysis of related technological and regulatory issues. Below is the link from their paper…as always comments are always needed”.
AIHA IEQ Committee Goals and Objectives:
• Goal #1: Assemble, evaluate, and disseminate to occupational and environmental health professionals information relevant to environmental quality in occupied indoor locations, including non-occupational uses.
• Goal #2: Actively participate in identifying and responding to indoor air quality issues.
The main differences for LEED v4 from LEED 2009 are:
• The addition of PM 2.5 and ozone in EPA nonattainment areas
• The target chemicals listed in CDPH Standard Method v1.1, Table 4-1 (based upon OEHHA CRELs)
• Additional test methods for formaldehyde and TVOCs were also added for LEED v4
For additional information visit the AIHA IEQ Committee.
To discuss your next USGBC LEED 3.2 IAQ project or for more comprehensive environmental assessment of your building or home call the credentialed professional indoor environmental Building Sciences team at Pure Air Control Services 800-422-7873, ext. 802.
About Pure Air Control Services:
Alan Wozniak founded Pure Air Control Services, Inc. in 1984 as a small mechanical contracting firm. Today, the firm sets the industry standard for indoor environmental quality diagnosis and remediation.
Pure Air Control Services nationally performed IAQ services include: Building Sciences Evaluation; Building Health Check; EDLab an AIHA accredited Environmental Microbiology Laboratory; Environmental Project Management; and HVAC System Cleaning & Mold Remediation Services, among other indoor environmental services.
The company’s expanding client roster includes the FAA, Northrop Grumman, General Services Administration (GSA); Allstate Insurance; USPS, CBRE, Carrier Air Conditioning; NAVFAC, DOT, USACE, US Army, and many other Fortune 500 companies, school boards, and city, state, and county governments, making Pure Air Control Services the reliable industry leader.
For more information on Pure Air Control Services, Inc. please contact:
Jeff Nack, IAQ Solutions Leader or ext 804 Alan Wozniak ext 802 at (800) 422-7873 or visit www.pureaircontrols.com